OTHER WAYS TO RECYCLE E-WASTE
Donation: Computers and their accessories can be donated to schools, charities or any one that can reuse them.
Repair: Determine if a new product is necessary. Maybe the electronic equipment can be repaired or upgraded
Take Back Program:
Some manufactures will take back their products for a trade in for new products.
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN BUYING ELECTRONICS
- Buy products with reduced toxics contents.
- Buy refurbished products or ones that are made with recycled materials.
- Buy only accessories that are needed.
- Buy products with longer life expectancy and can be upgraded
- Leasing electronics is also an option. Leased items are returned to the vendor after a specified period of time, so consumers will be using up to date products.
WHAT TO DO WITH EMPTY INK CARTRIDGES
Ink cartridges can be refilled and reused. You can take them to a local retailer that refills and resells the cartridges. The empty cartridges can also be donated to most of the schools in the Marshall County Landfill service area. The schools return them to the manufacturing company for money which goes towards more computers for their schools.